Who says you can’t watch your weight while watching the game? This quick and easy chili, that’s both hearty and heart-healthy, is as perfect for a rowdy football Sunday as it is for a cold winter’s night. And our Weibel family Zinfandel, chalked full of spicy, fruity flavors, complements it in ways beer only wishes it could. Oh, and did I mention that red wine is good for you? That’s right, good for you! Red wine helps with cholesterol, heart health, is full of antioxidants! So scoop up a bowl, pour a glass, sit back and enjoy this guilt-free meal that tastes anything but!
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 (28 ounce) can canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can canned kidney beans – drained, rinsed, and mashed
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Add all ingredients to list
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Place turkey in the pot, and cook until evenly brown. Stir in onion, and cook until tender.
- Pour water into the pot. Mix in tomatoes, kidney beans, and garlic. Season chili powder, paprika, oregano, cayenne pepper, cumin, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 30 minutes.
- Pair with Weibel family Zinfandel and enjoy!
Shop our Zinfandel here!