Fred and Ida are switching things up this Thanksgiving! Instead of turkey, they are preparing a smoked prime rib paired with our 2022 State Fair Best of Class Weibel Family Syrah. Check out their favorite recipe below!
- 5 lb boneless prime rib roast tied back
- 1 Tbsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp dried thyme leaves
- Trim any excess fat from the top of the roast, down to about 1/4” thick.
- In a small bowl combine everything except the prime rib. Stir to combine. Rub the seasoning mixture all over the prime rib. Tie back prime rib if this is not done with butchers twine. Let sit at room temperature for one hour.
- Preheat your electric pellet grill according to manufacturers directions to 225 degrees.
- Place the roast on the electric smoker fat side up and close the lid. Smoke until the internal temperature is 120 degrees F. for rare or 130 degrees F for medium. This will take about 3 1/2 hours.
- Remove the roast to a cutting board and tent with foil. Allow to rest for 15 minutes. Remember it will continue to cook and rise an additional 5 degrees while it rests.
- Slice and serve immediately with Weibel Family Syrah.
Recipe Courtesy of Gimme Some Grilling.