This month Fred and Ida are feeling the tropical vibes with our Piña Colada Sparkling wine! They have decided to cook up Hawaiian pulled pork and they added a little special ingredient – Weibel Piña Colada Sparkling! Check out the recipe below!
- 1 (3.5- to 4-pound) boneless pork shoulder
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 1 cup Weibel Family Piña Colada Sparkling
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 6-quart slow cooker
- Trim a majority of the fat from the pork shoulder and place it in the slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, chicken stock, Piña Colada Sparkling, ketchup, brown sugar, garlic and ginger. Pour the mixture into the slow cooker, cover it and set it to LOW for 8 hours or HIGH for 5 hours.
- Once the pork shoulder is cooked through and reaches an internal temperature of at least 145°F, transfer it to a cutting board and pour half of the liquid from the slow cooker into a medium saucepan (discard the rest of the liquid).
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch with 3 tablespoons water.
- Once the sauce has come to a boil, whisk in the cornstarch mixture and continue boiling it until it is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon and is the consistency of syrup.
- Using two forks, shred the pork shoulder then transfer it to a large bowl. Add the pineapple then pour in the sauce and toss to combine.
- Enjoy with a glass of Weibel Family Piña Colada Sparkling