Summer may be winding down, but this Central California heat doesn’t seem to be going anywhere. Thankfully, the fresh, sweet flavors of summer also get to stick around! There is nothing quite like summertime fruit. Fresh berries, juicy watermelon, and perfectly ripe peaches are among some of nature’s finest offerings. And while fresh fruit is satisfying as-is on a summer afternoon, there’s no harm in making it even more divine. Best way to do this? One word: cobbler.
This classic peach cobbler hits every single note perfectly. It’s warm, sweet, full of texture, and brimming with flavor. And while it pairs perfectly with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, it’s also a match made in heaven with our Weibel Sparkling Moscato. The bubbles of this Moscato cut through the richness of the cobbler and ice cream, while the flavor profile is just sweet enough to complement the dish without being overbearingly sweet. The best part? If you find you accidentally (read: intentionally) over scooped your ice cream and have some leftover in your bowl, you can pour the Moscato over it for a second delicious treat!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups fresh peach slices
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Ground cinnamon or nutmeg (optional)
1. Melt butter in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
2. Combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt; add milk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour batter over butter (do not stir).
3. Bring remaining 1 cup sugar, peach slices, and lemon juice to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly; pour over batter (do not stir). Sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired.
4. Bake at 375° for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and Weibel Sparkling Moscato!
Shop our Sparkling Moscato HERE