Fred & Ida are in the kitchen baking a delicious mixed berry cobbler pie! This mixed berry cobbler pairs perfectly with our Weibel Family Strawberry Sparkling. Enjoy a nice glass of Strawberry Sparkling with a slice of berry cobbler and a scoop of vanilla ice cream, the perfect summertime dessert combo.
- 1 9″ unbaked pie crust (in a 9″ pie plate ready to be filled)
- 1 package (1 pint or 2 cups) Driscoll’s Blueberries
- 1 package (6 ounces) Driscoll’s Raspberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar 160 grams
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour 140 grams
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- Place the blueberries, raspberries, and sugar in a saucepan.
- In a small cup, whisk together the water and tapioca flour until the flour is dissolved in the water.
- Pour the water/flour mixture into the berries.
- Add the lemon extract.
- Stirring often, heat the berry mixture over medium-low heat until it is thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Once the berry mixture is thickened, remove it from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until combined.
- Add the egg and vanilla. Beat until combined.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix.
- Add half the milk and mix.
- Add the remaining flour mixture, then the rest of the milk. Mix just until combined. The batter will be thick.
- Pour the berry filling into the prepared pie crust.
- Spoon the cobbler batter overtop the berries carefully, one spoonful at a time until the top is mostly covered.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the berry filling is slightly bubbly.
- Cool the pie on a wire rack.
- Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream on top and a glass of Weibel Family Strawberry Sparkling!
Recipe Courtesy of: Tastes of Lizzy T