Crisp. Classic. And absolutely crave-able. As spring comes into full bloom in California, there is no better time to whip up this 10-minute plethora of perfect pairings. A few twists on the classic Italian dish elevates the salty-sweet flavor—adding some savory notes while keeping the simplicity, while our award-winning Stanford Brut lends its light, fruity notes and the perfect amount of acidity. This California champagne is as refreshing and classic as this dish itself, making it the ideal sparkling to serve alongside it. So, make a plate, pour a glass, and share with a loved one!
- 1 cantaloupe halved and seeded
- 1 8- ounce container mozzarella balls I used pearl size balls
- 8-10 slices prosciutto shredded into large pieces
- 1/4 cup basil leaves thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup mint leaves thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Use a melon baller to scoop balls from the cantaloupe halves and add to a large bowl. Add the mozzarella balls and the torn prosciutto. Sprinkle with the basil and mint leaves.
In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, honey and white balsamic vinegar together and season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Drizzle over the cantaloupe and toss to coat. Season with more salt and pepper and additional herbs to taste.