This Month Fred and Ida are baking up Chocolate cake and frosting it with Weibel’s Archgate Rosé Frosting. Chocolate cake and Rosé are a pairing you don’t want to miss. Order your bottle of Archgate Sparkling Rosé today!
Cake from allrecipes.com.
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 ¼ cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 3 – 9 inch round cake pans. In medium bowl, pour boiling water over cocoa, and whisk until smooth. Let mixture cool. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at time, then stir in vanilla. Add the flour mixture alternately with the cocoa mixture. Spread batter evenly between the 3 prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Allow to cool.
Weibel Archgate Rosé Frosting
- 3/4 cup Archgate Rosé
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- In a small saucepan, bring the champagne to a boil over medium heat.
- Once boiling allow to simmer until reduced down to 1/4 cup ( 7-10 mins)
- Set aside to cool completely. You want it room temperature or cold.
- In a large bowl using a handheld or stand mixer beat the butter on high until completely smooth and creamy (2-3 mins).
- Add confectioners’ sugar 1 cup at a time, beating on low then increasing to high.
- Once incorporated, add the next cup.
- Once creamy and combined, beat in 3 Tablespoons of the reduced champagne and the vanilla extract. Taste.
- Add the remaining reduced champagne if needed, then a pinch of salt if you’d like.