High temperatures, backyard get-togethers, and warm summer evenings call for perfect seasonal pairings. Our newest addition to the Weibel family of wines is our award-winning pinot noir rosé, and it could not be more ideal for a patio dinner spent with friends and family. With just the right balance of sweetness and acidity, this wine pairs well with most anything, but it’s bright and fruity notes make it the perfect accompaniment to fresh fish!
So, pop open the rose, invite over some loved ones, and have yourself the perfect summer meal with this delicious pairing!
- 2 pounds fresh halibut
- 1 teaspoon finely minced garlic, about 3 cloves
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, orange juice, or dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- a pinch of cayenne pepper or hot red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1-2 teaspoons chopped fresh herbs such as rosemary, dill, parsley, thyme, cilantro, basil, or mint, or ½- 1 teaspoon dried thyme or oregano
- Salt and pepper
- lemon wedges for garnish
- Combine all olive oil, vinegar, and all seasonings in a bowl and mix. the ingredients except fish and lemon wedges and mix well. Brush the marinade generously onto both sides of the fish. Cover with foil and leave the fish steaks to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Build a fire, using wood or hardwood charcoal if possible, or heat a gas grill to medium high heat. If using small pieces of fish, use a special grill grid to prevent the fillets from falling through the grate.
- Brush a little plain olive oil on the cooking surface and arrange the fish on indirect heat. Cook for about 4 to 5 minutes on each side, turning once. Cook until fish is opaque all the way through.
- Heat remaining marinade until boiling point. Remove from heat and pour over fish.
- Serve with fresh lemon wedges, seasonal veggies, and a crisp glass of Weibel Sparkling Rosé!
Shop our still & sparkling rosé HERE!
*recipe adapted from epicurous.com