Summer is the the season of backyard barbecuing, but it doesn’t have to be all burgers and hot dogs. Up your grilling game without upping the time or difficulty with these sumptuous blue cheese covered ribeyes. And they just so happen to pair perfectly with out new Archgate Bubbles Syrah! A delicious, hearty steak like a ribeye needs a full, robust red to stand up to the flavors, making Syrah the ideal accomplice. Even better, the bubbles help cut through the added fat of the bleu cheese and add that refreshing summer sparkle. And the flavors? Well, they speak for themselves. It really doesn’t get much better than this perfect pairing.
- 2 (1 1/2-inch-thick) bone-in rib-eye steaks, about 1 1/4 pounds each
- 2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- Black pepper, as needed
- Extra-virgin olive oil, as needed
- 2 ounces creamy blue cheese, such as Jasper Hill Bayley Hazen Blue
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped chives
- Hot sauce, as needed
- Archgate Bubbles Syrah
- Season steaks with salt and pepper at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour before you plan to cook them. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature.
- Heat grill to high. If using a charcoal grill, mound coals to one side, allowing for an area of indirect heat. If using a gas grill, turn on only a few of the burners and leave the rest off for indirect heat.
- Lightly oil steaks. Place on the hottest part of the grill. Cook, covered, until they develop a golden-brown crust, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Move steaks to indirect heat and crumble cheese over the top; cover and continue cooking 2 to 5 minutes longer, depending on desired doneness. (Pull the meat at 125 degrees for rare.)
- Transfer steaks to a cutting board to rest, loosely covered with foil, for 10 minutes. While steaks rest, stir together butter, chives and hot sauce. Pour over steak before serving.
- Serve with Archgate Bubbles Syrah and enjoy!
Shop Archgate Bubbles Sryah here!