With the new year comes new resolutions, and oftentimes, we make vows to focus on our health. But keeping a healthy resolution doesn’t have to mean sacrificing flavor or- more importantly– wine. In fact, it’s quite the opposite! Red wine, such as our Cabernet Sauvignon, helps with cholesterol, heart health, and is full of antioxidants.
Heart healthy wine? It’s like music to my ears.
And the joy will only continue when you discover how perfectly our 2015 Archgate Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon pairs with this unbelievably flavorful chimichurri. A profoundly delicious Argentenian condiment, chimichurri is packed full of fresh ingredients and is so good that it’s deceivingly healthy! Atop a juicy grilled steak, it’s everything you could want in a meal.
You’re bound to feel like you’re cheating on your resolution with this pairing, but you can revel in the fact that you’re staying right on track!
1 1/2 pounds flank steak
1 tsp garlic powder
3/4 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp dried oregano
fresh ground pepper
1 1/4 tsp kosher salt
1 Cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
5 garlic cloves, chopped
1 tsp salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
2 Tbsp fresh oregano
2 Tbsp minced onion or shallot
¾ Cup olive oil
3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
3 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1.Using sharp knife, lightly score the steak.
2. Combine the cumin, garlic powder, oregano, salt and pepper and season both sides of the steak.
3. Grill on high for about 3-4 minutes on each side for a medium rare cook.
4. Let rest for 5 minutes and slice against grain.
5. Prepare chimichurri, blend all ingredients together in a food processor or blender until mixed (but not pureed). Let sit 5 minutes.
6. Spoon the sauce over the steak and serve with a side salad and a glass of Weibel Cabernet Sauvignon!
*Sauce can also be served with chicken, if preferred
Shop our Archgate Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon here!