As summer fades and fall approaches, the new season brings with it all of the warm, sumptuous flavors we adore. These caramel apple smothered porkchops are decadence in a dish. They’re just the right balance of sweet and savory, and our almond sparking is the absolute perfect accompaniment. Make these one night soon and watch all of the plates licked clean!
- 4 (3/4 inch) thick pork chops
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tart apples – peeled, cored and sliced
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees F. Place a medium dish in the oven to warm.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brush chops lightly with oil and place in hot pan. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes, turning occasionally, or until done. Transfer to the warm dish, and keep warm in the preheated oven.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, salt and pepper, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add butter to skillet, and stir in brown sugar mixture and apples. Cover and cook until apples are just tender. Remove apples with a slotted spoon and arrange on top of chops. Keep warm in the preheated oven.
- Continue cooking sauce uncovered in skillet, until thickened slightly. Spoon sauce over apples and chops. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Serve with Weibel Almond Sparkling and enjoy!